- Get your license: It is the first thing that you need to do, because without it you can’t legally sell. Study and prepare yourself in a school that offers the specific course you need, because in every state there are different licenses and laws that you should know. Make sure you have the right material, books and guides, so you can learn from the laws the vocabulary and terms you need. We recommend you to follow the Keep It Moving Real Estate Guide. Get it on the following link: https://merrickdamonwilliams.com/shop/
- Be part of a real estate firm: This will give you benefits and a possible list of clients, make sure you earn your own and have your appointment calendar well structured with the free time you need for your personal activities. One of the benefits of working as a Real Estate Agent is that you are your own boss and can manage your time as best suits you.
- Be present in social networks: Technology is one of your best allies in this modern marketplace. Social media is your new best friend, so learn it! You can also help yourself with a website, there are many sites where you don’t have to pay for a domain, that will give you greater reach of your potential clients anywhere in the world.
- Continue your training: In any career or environment it is important to be aware of the new laws, terms, tools and processes that have been created or modified. This will also give you a bonus in your work because they are new tools that you can use to improve your sales and increase your customer base.
- Surround yourself with other real estate professionals: By making connections with other real estate professionals, you will be given other tools that you can use to improve your business, as well as tips from which you can learn to be better. This also will give you the opportunity to meet more people and increase your customer base for upcoming sales. 75% of sales are made by referrals, so who better than an agent to recommend? Also, don’t lose contact with older clients because they can recommend you with other people.
- Be extroverted, kind, tenacious and energetic: Treat each one of your clients as if they were the only one, make them feel special and unique, this will give them confidence and you will get a special bond with each one of them. Remember, buying a house is not only about space, it is also about getting a place where you will feel comfortable and where you will be daily (or most of your time), so the first impression always helps. Do not give up, we all have bad days and good days, be constant and don’t let your guard down.
Do you want your license? The approximate cost at MerrickDamon Real State school is $300. But you can be one of the 1,000 lucky ones who wins a free class! All you have to do is subscribe here.